Location : Leicester
Salary : 50K DOE
Vacancy type : Permanent
Vacancy ID : 44464
Area of Responsibility:
To sell the company goods and services to existing and potential customers. To be responsible for identifying and managing sales opportunities, building an understanding of client businesss and manage the sales process to a successful conclusion.
Due to the companies outstanding reputation in the industry the role is not currently one of a business development/sales nature. The clients come to them, it's about understanding the market and their clients needs, how to upsell, account manage, quote, source and buy tree's, shrubs and plants. Knowing what replacements are suitable should a particular plant not be available and ensure the department works effectively, training the team on 4 sales/account managers and 3 admin staff. Making sure they work on harmony with each other and always deliver exceptional levels of custmer service. Communicating with customers on all pricing, availability and horticultural issues from the quotation stage to the dispatch of goods and beyond.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Conducting sales activity, and encouraging additional sales with customers.
2. Making accurate, rapid cost calculations, and providing customers with price and availability.
3. Being aware of goods in stock and growing on and as necessary assist in the process of purchasing stock for re-sale and liaising with suppliers.
4. Maintaining and developing relationships with new and existing customers in person, and via telephone calls and emails to encourage new business.
5. Monitoring any customer dissatisfaction or complaints and resolving these equitably and swiftly.
6. Gathering market and customer information. Feeding future buying trends back to Senior Managers.
7. Representing the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
8. Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet and exceed targets.
9. Gaining a clear understanding of customers businesses and requirements, to be able to satisfy their needs and deadlines.
10. Assisting in the process of credit control.
11. Attending team meetings and sharing best practice with colleagues, working together to identify any improvements to processes, standards, efficiency and profitability.
12. Assisting in the training and development of junior staff and listening and supporting colleagues, devoting time to impart expertise, instil confidence and expressing positive expectations regarding the teams and companys performances.
13. Speaking positively and enthusiastically about the company and its products and services to ensure that a professional company and brand image is provided at all times to customers and
The role os prodominantly office based however clinet meetings may be required on occasion.
The company offer a job package which includes a company car.
Standard hours of work are 7:40am to 5pm.
Please quote 44464 when speaking with one of our consultants.