Location : Kent
Salary : upto 28K+
Vacancy ID : 39268
The Project Manager (Conservation & Green Spaces) is responsible for:
· Planning, and delivering green space management on behalf of key partners
· Identifying and securing new delivery contracts and grants to grow your team.
· Manage green space contracts to implement site management plans in line with partnership agreements. Produce and update management plans as appropriate.
· Responsible for recruiting & training volunteers for the garden squad, manage client bookings.
· Ensure project Risk Assessments are completed for all sites and tasks as well as providing relevant PPE for staff and volunteers. Maintain tools and oversee maintenance of vehicles.
· Report on a monthly basis (i.e. against budget) your project(s) currently stand(s) on a financial basis and as against the milestones/outcomes requested by of it by any funder(s) and actual versus predicted performance in terms of Project Performance indicators (PPMs)
· Identify opportunities to expand the contracts that the Green Spaces Team can deliver, work with Business Development colleagues to secure new work by providing estimates and quotes, track record and method statements. Where necessary, negotiate and agree project budgets and write and submit grant funding applications.
· Liaise with counterparts to explore opportunities to establish traineeships and apprenticeships in and around the Colne Valley.
· Liaise with Marketing Manager to develop and promote corporate team building days
· Work with Clients to bring in income for the green spaces they own. Opportunities include Forestry Commission Woodland Improvement Grant and generating income through bushcraft activities, timber sales or opportunities for renting.
· Formalise partnerships and build strong links with stakeholders. Attend and represent the Trust at relevant meetings, steering groups, forums and conferences, including attending out of office hours when required.
· Manage sub-contractors effectively and ensure competence and quality of delivery is to the highest standard.
· Support and direct groups of volunteers and corporate volunteers, in order to ensure Health and Safety procedure followed and the groups enjoy the conservation.
Please quote 39268 when speaking with one of our consultants.